Yes, you can stir-fry potatoes

Today, I really didn't feel like spending too much time cooking on my lazy saturday. After a brief moment, I opted for a stir-fry (wok) but cooking rice seemed hard labor :-)

Why not just chop up potatoes and throw it all in, I figgered.

Here goes ... I chopped up onions, garlic, broccoli.. as usual, but made sure to cut the potatoes into thin slices. (3 min work)

Added frozen scrimps - scampies - , and seasoned with curcuma mix, a little cumin and some chili flakes.

Stir-fried it all in an olive oil - peanut oil mix. (7 min work)


To counter the excess omega 6 from the peanut oil, I added a portion of crushed ReGen super nuts which has an ample amount of flaxseeds to add omega 3. (scrimp have some as well)

The nuts were added near the end to avoid roasting the nuts, as roasted nuts are particularly high in AGE, these are bad chemicals caused by heating which are believed to be one of reasons for ageing.

In total it took around 10 minutes to create this dish. These potato slices came out lovely!










I did the same a few days later but with SWEET potatoes and chicken breast. My wife gave it a 9/10 score :-) The slices were a bit thicker and only olive oil was used. No nuts were added.




This was so nice that I made it again a few days later, but with scallops.



Comments

Post a Comment